Table of Contents
Finding a Plumber
When you need a plumber, you want to find someone quickly. You want to find a trusted plumber to do the job for you. Someone with plenty of experience.
You don’t want to do the job on your own, you will need a professional. There are too many things that could go wrong if you try to do it yourself.
When you need a plumber, you want to find the best. If you want to find a plumber Greenville, South Carolina has many to choose from. You can look up plumbers on the internet and then read customer reviews.
This article will give you some ideas of how to choose a good plumber. It will answer some questions that you might have. You can also do research to find more on your own.
Tips of Finding a Good Plumber
- Why Are You Calling? The first question that you should consider is the reason that you are calling them. Do you have an emergency or is it something that can wait? You should have this in mind before you call.
If you have an emergency, let the company know what kind of emergency it is. If it can wait, they need to know that, too. The company can schedule you better if they know why you are calling.
- Ask Family and Friends – When you are searching for a plumber, ask your friends and family. This should be done even before you do a search on the internet. They will likely have some suggestions for you, especially if they have had similar work done and were pleased with the results.
If you want the best in town, asking your family and friends will help you to find that. You can usually trust them to help you make the right decision. You might even save some money if one of them refers you to a plumber.
- Check Reviews – As was mentioned briefly before, check the reviews of the companies that are recommended to you. Check Google, Yelp, and other review sites that you can find. Find one that has good reviews for the most part – no company will have one hundred percent satisfied customers.
When you read the reviews, see how the company deals with the bad reviews. Are they even addressed? If so, are the answers satisfactory and helpful?
- Narrow Down Your Selection – You want to narrow down your selection next. This can be done by going through your list and only choosing the ones with the best reviews. You can then call around and speak to those at the top of your list.
You want someone who is honest with you and will tell you the real cost of things. You don’t want a lowball estimate and then find out the cost will be more than what you expected. You want to be prepared for the final cost.
- Experience – While you are questioning the different plumbers, ask them about their experience. Find out how long they have been in business and what types of licensing and bonding they have. This will help you to choose the right one.
You also want them to give you an idea how long the job will take. You want details about how they will do the job. This will also help you to budget for it.
- License and Insurance – Plumbers need to have licenses in order to practice. They should also have insurance to pay for things that could go wrong. See here to learn about the licenses they need in South Carolina. If they have neither, you shouldn’t use them.
- 24 – Hour Help – Plumbing emergencies don’t always happen when is convenient. They will sometimes happen overnight, and you might need a plumber immediately. The company should have someone available for these emergencies.
You should also make sure that all the technicians that will be working on the job are licensed and are fully trained with extensive experience. The workers can have apprentices with them to help, but the people doing most of the work should be experienced. Ask about this before you hire them.
- References – Check the references that you are given so that you narrow your choices down more. You want to choose someone who has a good reputation, and you can find this out for yourself when you check out the references. If they have a good reputation, you can be more assured that they will do a good job for you.
You can also check out the Better Business Bureau to see what rating they have. The higher the rating, the better the company. You want the company to have an A+ rating.
- Reviews – You want to read the reviews for the company that you choose. See what people are saying about them. Their reviews don’t have to be perfect, but you want most of them to be good.
- Personal Safety – When you have chosen your company, make sure that you feel safe with them being in your home. A company with the best reviews and references can still make you feel uncomfortable. You want to feel comfortable with them in your home.
- Contracts – Don’t sign any contracts or agreements until you feel completely comfortable doing so: https://www.sampletemplates.com/contract-templates/plumbing-contract-samples.html. This includes the price that you were quoted, their experience and everything else about their company. Once you have all the information and it is correct, feel free to sign the contract.
Be careful when choosing the plumbing company to do the job on your home. Make sure that you have checked reviews and references before you choose one. Make sure that you are comfortable with them in your home.
You want to make sure that the company has the correct credentials, as well. Once you have checked them out, you can hire them to do the job. You can be assured that you have done everything to choose the right plumber for your home.