A typical driver very few years ago: Drive from work in the evening, get home tired and beaten by the day. Stop your car at the gate. Get out, push it open. Drive your car in a few meters, put it in ‘parking’, get out once more, lock the gate. Everyday.
But oh well, who has the time for that anymore? Automatic gates came into the picture and simply cured this headache. Thank goodness that necessity played a good mother and brought forth the invention. Now that tech has done its part, the focus turns to you.
Are you wondering how you can integrate automatic gates into your landscape design? Oh well, the wonder ends now. We’re here to show you how. Also, we’ll show you how pros like Easy Automatic Gates make this easy-peasy.
How about we start with what everyone loves; the benefits?
Table of Contents
Benefits Knocking At Your Gate
Here are some of the things you’ll love about automatic gates:
- Aesthetic appeal: Flowers? Check. Lawn? Green as envy. Now add a rustic automatic gate on top. Ooh la la!
- Enhanced security: What does a remote control, a mobile app, and proximity sensors have in common? Well, they can open your automatic gate. This way, only you, and the people you’ve knighted, can set foot in your kingdom.
- Increased property value: Your landscape is on point, and you’ve got an automatic gate. Keep the remote at hand. You may need to let in more salivating buyers than you anticipated.
- Convenience: Rainy days? Not you getting wet. You chose wisely.
You can get all these benefits. All you need to do is pick up your phone, call the best of the best, and use the coupon code ‘I want an automatic gate’.
Integrating? Keep These In Mind
Automatic gates are a lovely addition to your property. But if done wrong, they’ll quickly turn from sight for sore eyes into eyesores.
- Landscape theme: Say you’ve gone all cottage with your landscape. A matching automatic gate? Go rustic. If you’ve gone all urban chic, then stay away from rustic. Go more metal than Led Zeppelin in the 70s.
- Size and proportions: A gate that’s too large is like an oversized eye on a painting that just can’t leave your head. Conversely, a smaller one can still open and close, but won’t do too much justice to your lawn. Call a landscape artist. Talk it out, and get it just the right size of perfect.
- Materials and durability: You want the appeal. We get it, and we’re not judging. But will the beautiful gate survive an overzealous sun or the score-settling winter? Getting one that does both is what a win looks like.
Also, while you may love everything Tony Stark, his lovely gates may not work for your place. Not because you don’t have J.A.R.V.I.S. (well, that too), but because different properties come with different needs.
- Urban residence: Living in a bustling city? Go for a sleek, modern gate whose calling card’s ‘privacy’. Horizontal slats, leaving just enough for the wandering eye to catch glimpses of greenery? Preach!
- Country home: Are you more country than Kenny Rogers in the 80s? If your landscape involves sprawling gardens, stop right in front of a classic wrought iron gate or a rustic wooden wunderkind. Your gate and your lawn don’t need a coin toss to decide who shines. They can just be.
- Beachfront property: Salt is friendly when it’s just right. But just because you love it doesn’t mean your gate does too. Go for materials that can say ‘another day’ to rust and aren’t too fussy if the sand gets too cozy.
Parting shot? Before going fully automatic, ask those with wisdom from the muses. They’ll hold your hand and take you through this journey.
Technicalities To Tackle
You’ve come this far, so by now, you’re as sure as Marie Curie about what you want. But apart from design and aesthetics, another lurks. The technical end:
- Power source: Let there be power! Consistent power. And if you love green, you’ll love solar power.
- Safety mechanisms: Curious Tommy and his fluffy chihuahua playing close by? Put sensors in place to prevent mishaps.
- Maintenance: Inspection, lubrication, cleaning? That’s a good place to start.
Get this right. Only Karl Malone loves technical fouls.
You’ve put so much back into your landscape. The automatic gate may as well be the crown, so, make sure the crown fits the nature of your kingdom. If you play it right and work with the Angelo Dundee to your Muhammad Ali, you’ll get your automatic gate and landscape exactly how you’d want them to be.