Vacuum Desiccator Cabinets
The Vacuum Desiccator Cabinets happen to be vacuum chambers that are made of proper Acrylic that is designed for small parts degassing, vacuum testing, mixed liquids, defaming, biological tests as well as storing samples under the sustained low as well as intermediate vacuums.
The vacuum desiccators now are available in quality as well as a custom size.
Desiccator (or Desiccator) is equipment for long-term storage and transportation of samples (materials) in the air with low humidity, inert gas, or vacuum.
It is a glass (or plastic) vessel with a lid, inside which a desiccant is placed. It contains a special porcelain insert designed for installing crucibles, weighing bottles, evaporating cups, and other laboratory glassware on it.
- Made of clear 1 inch. thick acrylic material
- Removable cover (Type-I) makes it easy to insert and take out samples
- Front hinged door (Type-II) for easier access to the samples on all shelves
- The vacuum gasket on the door ensures an airtight seal
- Include one removable perforated Acrylic shelf. The additional shelf is optional
Vacuum Desiccator Cabinets design
It is a cylindrical glass vessel with a diameter of 15 to 30 cm. It is divided into two parts by a porcelain insert. The desiccant is placed at the bottom (usually in a petri dish or in an evaporation dish).
The porcelain insert is held on a “step” formed by a narrower part (the lower part of the desiccator is narrower than the upper one). Containers are installed on the liner for storing or drying substances (bottles, evaporating cups, etc.). The holes in the porcelain insert allow air to circulate.
The desiccator is covered with a massive glass lid. To ensure tightness, the thin section is lubricated with vacuum grease.
There are models inside which you can create vacuum Vacuum Desiccator Cabinets. They have a special tube with a tap in the lid or in the body itself, which is connected to a vacuum pump.
A vacuum is created with the help of a pump, after which the valve is closed. The valve in the lid is convenient for relieving pressure when the crucibles cool.
When hot crucibles are placed in the desiccator, the air inside heats up and begins to partially escape from it. This lifts the cover slightly and the lubricant becomes thinner. As a result, the cover may slip and break. To prevent this from happening, it is recommended to fix the lid or hold it with your hand.
If the lid is well lubricated and lapped in after the warm air has cooled, a vacuum will develop and the lid will be difficult to open. In this case, the cover is gently pushed to the side. In this case, it is necessary to hold both the lid and the device itself (otherwise there is a risk of breaking them).
Desiccators must not be heated as thick glass may burst when heated.
- The use of desiccators
- Chemical analysis
- Evaporation of solutions at low temperatures
- Drying substances at room temperature
- Storage of hygroscopic substances in an inert or rarefied atmosphere
- Soil science: basic hydrophysical characteristics (WRC, water retention curve)
Prices for desiccators for laboratories
- They depend primarily on the volume of the desiccator, the presence or absence of a tap, the manufacturer’s company, etc.
- We will select for you a model with technical characteristics that meet your requirements.
- How to buy a desiccator
- Sending through the electronic form on the site (the “order” button on the product card)
- It is necessary to indicate in the application
- Full name of the organization and TIN
- The fax number and full mailing address
- Surname, the position of the contractor, and contact phone number
- Required product names
You can use any of the following delivery methods:
- In terms of self-pickup from a warehouse.
- Forwarder in Moscow and the Moscow region.
- Luggage by rail.
- Air baggage.
To receive products on a self-pickup basis, you need to have a power of attorney with the seal of your organization and a civil passport with you.
Stackable, high quality, and stable polycarbonate construction. High transparency, lightweight, impact resistance.
Silicone gasket and special closure allow lubrication-free operation. The flange lock holds the base and lid in place when used without vacuum.
The 3-position valve is very convenient for evacuating air, venting vacuum, or pumping gas (eg inert gas). The outer diameter of the tap is 9.5 mm. Hose diameter 9.5 mm. Maximum vacuum 1.3 mbar (1.3×10 -4 Map) for 72 hours, equipped with a vacuum gauge. Desiccators are available in brown color and are UV-blocking for sensitive samples.